Felt needs church website SEO ensures your church will be found by those who are searching Google for answers to meet their felt needs. The felt needs that people are searching for include crisis support, prayer support, marriage support, parenting support, community outreach, serving, youth activities, grief care, addiction recovery, Bible study, nearby churches, life groups, personal finance, and also a variety other services provided by churches. However, unless your church is appearing in Google’s search results, people are simply not going to be able to find you to answer their questions. It has never been more important to implement a Felt Needs Church Website SEO campaign, so that your church gets found on Google by the people who need you most.
What is a Felt Needs Church Website SEO Campaign
A Felt Needs Church Website SEO Campaign involves optimizing your ads, and also the pages of your website, so that Google views them as quality relevant content.
There are two types of traffic that come to your website:
Maximizing your reach on both of these channels requires rigorous optimization throughout your website. Optimizing for your paid traffic means ensuring that your ads attain a high Church Google Quality Score, which has a direct impact on your ads performance. Ads can achieve this by grouping your keywords into Church Google Ad Groups, and also by creating a relevant landing page for each group. This ensures that when a person does a search on Google for a felt need, they are delivered content that is relevant to their search, and results in a high Google Quality Score.
To improve your organic traffic, it is important to optimize every page on your website to a Felt Need. This is where a Felt Needs Church Website SEO Campaign comes in.
How to Implement a Felt Needs Church Website SEO Campaign
Start by extracting an XML sitemap, and then choose a Felt Need Ad Group for every page. Here are some examples of some ad groups:
|Church||Divorce||Global Missions||Alcohol Recovery|
|Daycare||Foster Care||Depression||Coffee Shop|
|Preschool||Football||Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder||Jesus Christ|
|Elementary||Basketball||Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder||Holy Spirit|
|Students||Soccer||Bipolar Disorder||Bible Study|
|Young Adults||Volunteer Oppurtunities||Obsessive Compulsive Disorder||Faith|
|Dating||Food Pantry||Autism Spectrum Disorder||Women's Activities|
|Premarital/Engaged||Thrift Store||Grief||Men's Activities|
Once you have your Felt Need Ad Groups, you have to optimize each page to it’s felt need. As the phrase goes, “Content is King” when it comes to ranking in Google. So if it requires you creating extra pages on your site to address every felt need, then it’s worth doing that. A blog is a great way of doing this, and also allows you to provide great content to help your visitors. Once you have a page that addresses each felt need you want to target, follow this checklist for each page:
- Page Titles: Your page titles are one of the most important SEO factors on your site, so write a title that matches the Focus Keyword for the page.
- Meta Descriptions: Give your page a Meta Description that is relevant to the Keyword you are optimizing for, and also make sure the description contains your focus keyword.
- Keyword Placement: Write the Focus Keyword into the first paragraph of the page.
- Meta Tags: Tag the pages with keywords so that they match the keywords in the Felt Needs Ad Groups.
- Image Tags: Tag images that appear on the page with alternative text so they match the focus Keyword.
- URL Structure: Include the Focus Keyword in the page’s URL.
- Word-count: Ensure your page has at least 300 words, beacause Google loves pages with lots of content.
- Body Tags: Use headers that contain your focus keyword (H1, H2, etc.).
- Keyword Density: Insert your Focus Keyword into your webpage at least once for every 100 words.
- Internal Linking: Link to other pages within your site using keywords as anchor text.
Try our new Free Church Website SEO Audit tool to analyse your website, and also to get improvement suggestions.
Results of a Felt Needs Church Website SEO Campaign
Following this checklist will ensure that when Google crawls your page, it will understand exactly what your page is about, and as a result will rank it higher in the search results. As well as a better ranking in Google search, performing such a campaign also improves the content of your site to any visitors. Because your content is more relevant, it is more likely to attract visitors to your website, and to your church.
Our experts can help you implement a campaign, so you can get your website rising up in the Google rankings. We can provide a solution to suit any size church and budget. Get started today, so you can lead those who are searching to meet their felt needs to your church. Find out more about our SEO Subscription Service that will take care of all SEO on an ongoing basis.