Here are the details on a basic church website provided by Missional Marketing. We provide a church website that is optimized and also easily edited.
CHURCH WEBSITE FEATURES
Basic Website For Churches Features:
- A WORDPRESS church website built with an attractive and also contemporary Christian theme
- A responsive design that renders well on all devices including smartphones and tablets
- A blend of stock images and images provided by the church
- A custom header and footer
- A church Log-In so that church staff can make quick edits
Social Media Connectivity Features:
- A Facebook feed (we include a feed from the Facebook page to the website)
- Facebook Like and Twitter Follow Buttons
- A widget on the site that enables visitors to share the webpage to their Facebook page or other social media
Technical Features (don’t worry if you don’t know what these are because we do):
- Google Analytic code
- Google Search Console Code
- Retargeting code
- Technical SEO can be added on where we include keywords, page descriptions, metatags, meta-descriptions, etc. (see below for more detail on SEO)
In order to ensure complete satisfaction with the content and the overall look of the website we have three major Church Approval check points:
- We create a text document that includes all of the written content for every page and we obtain church approval. There is a lot of labor involved in writing to ensure it is optimized with the right keywords.
- We create the main theme of the homepage and obtain church approval.
- We select the graphic content of the site and obtain church approval.
TYPICAL CHURCH WEBSITE PAGES
Here is a list of the pages that are normally included in a basic church website:
- Home Page
- I’m New
- Locations and Times
- About/Our Mission and Values
- About/Frequently Asked Questions
- About/Staff Opportunities
- About/Learning Resources
- Connect/Need Prayer
- Connect/Getting Started
- Events Calendar
- Media/Video & Audio
- Contact Us
THE CHURCH WEBSITE IS BUILT IN WORDPRESS
We’ll build the church website in WORDPRESS. There are several important advantages to having a WORDPRESS website, such as:
- If you are so inclined, WORDPRESS also allows the owner to make simple edits with no need to know HTML.
- WORDPRESS has a huge market share so there are many developers who possess deep WORDPRESS skills. There are currently about 75 Million WORDPRESS websites.
- WORDPRESS has hundreds of widgets and plugins that are not available on html or discount websites which can be deployed in the original design, and over time continuously improves the website with much stronger functionality and also lowers development cost.
- WORDPRESS has fabulous optimization tools including a state of the art Content Management System.
- If the church ever chooses to move it’s website into another Content Management System, it is easy to export content from WORDPRESS.
- WORDPRESS has an excellent blogging platform.
- WORDPRESS makes it much easier to host a church website anywhere versus being held captive by a discount provider. Also, WORDPRESS, when set up with third-party hosting, can be easily transferred to another web developer if the need arises.
BASIC CHURCH WEBSITE PRICING
The pricing starts at $5,350 with 60% upfront. We bill monthly once the down payment is expended.
This price is usually deliverable to smaller churches that are responsive and decisive.
This pricing does not include web hosting fees which typically cost about $135 to $300 per year and are paid directly to web hosting services.
This price assumes that the church client is responsive and decisive in providing their input and approvals. It also assumes the church’s site will contain typical church pages. If the church is slow or indecisive, we charge $90 per hour for work that is over and above the basic website creation.
Bear in mind that a basic website is defined as a website that is not integrated with a Church Management System. Larger churches often have a need for a larger page count and more complex Church Management System integration, so in those cases we provide church specific quotes to them after determining the church’s web development and Church Management System needs.
CHURCH WEBSITE SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION)
This section contains some pretty boring stuff that is only of interest to web developers. So feel free to skip over it.
Here is what is included in the Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Research and define the keyword cloud for the overall site and for each page of the site
- Audit the keyword consistency and align it within the site and with Google AdWords
- Create title meta tags for each page
- Create a meta description for each page
- Apply H1 and H2 headings to each page
- Create alt attributes for each image on the site so each image is associated with a searchable keyword
- Optimize the text to HTML ratio so that the Google Web Crawler sees relevant content on the site that is relevant to the searches that site visitors will conduct
- Index the pages so that the Google Web Crawler sees an XML sitemap
- Create a www resolve so that 301 redirects are successfully routed to the site
- Perform IP canonicalization so the site’s IP address is forwarding to the site’s domain name
- Create a robot txt file that restricts robots that crawl the web from accessing directories
- Procure and register the domain name for the client
- Place the most important content above the fold on each page
- Create a Favicon that populates the tab of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer
- The site is built on PHP and My SQL
- The site is fully compliant with W3C
- Built-in support for RSS and Ping-O-Matic
- Clean search engine friendly code
To Get Started
Missional Marketing is a dedicated Christian communications firm working with Christian Churches and Organizations across the country, and we are also a Top 5% Certified Google Partner. So get in touch today, and we can get you started.