CHURCH WEBSITE AUDIT
We analyze your website for SEO performance and user experience.
Your website is often the very first impression of your church.
Make sure it is attractive!
Is Your Church Web Optimization Working for or against you?
Your website is easily the second most powerful marketing tool you have
(Your member is the first.)
Website content and design constantly evolves and with it comes the need to continue maintaining your website.
Have you looked at your website on a smart phone lately? If you are shaking your head in disappointment, you are not alone. More than 60% of church websites are not mobile responsive (mobile friendly). We can change that for you.
Why the need for a mobile-friendly website? In 2015, Google stated it was the first time ever that mobile searches have beat out desktop searches. This trend is continuing to rise. That is why Google released a new algorithm that says if your website is not mobile-friendly, you will be penalized by their search engine. That’s not a good thing.
Must-have’s for a solid church website:
- A mobile-friendly, professionally designed website that is well organized.
- Talk about what they can expect on their first visit. But, talk about how other people love your church from their perspective. Don’t pat yourself on the back.
- Share all you do. Sometimes churches either throw up on people or they make them work to hard to find what is going on. There is middle ground.
- Written and designed with SEO (search engine optimization), correct keywords, descriptions, links, and text all supporting each other, so that people searching for a church can find you!
- This site is not for saved people! Your website should never be built for your own people, but for those who have yet to visit you. This isn’t a club. This is an invitation where everyone belongs. So, make sure that those who don’t know you don’t have to look too hard to see what you’re about.
Where to Start?
If you already have a church website, but are unsure about how to get it to perform better, then a church website audit is the starting point.
At Missional Marketing, we have developed a Church Website Audit, that deeply analyzes the content and structure of your website, and provides you with a conclusive report and action plan.
Our Church Website Audit uses a combination of these 3 elements to provide you with a thorough and concise report:
- Our in-house, custom built church website audit tools
- Industry-leading SEO auditing tools
- Manual checking of church websites and complilation of the report by our professional SEO team.
The audit will identify the areas where your website needs improvement, and the report will serve as a gameplan for your website strategy moving forward.
Some areas that will be covered in the audit and report:
- Search Volumes in your Region
- On-page SEO of your website
- Identifying errors on your site that could be causing issues
- How your site is currently being crawled by Google
- Header & meta description analysis
- Keywords you should be targeting
- How your site compares to other churches in your area
- Keyword crawl of your site to see if you are targeting ‘felt needs’
- Website loadtime analysis
- SSL/HTTPS audit
- Google My Business check
- Citation Analysis
- Millenial Content Analysis
You can see a sample of a previous report here: