Facebook is to the modern church as the Gutenberg printing press was to the Reformation. Church Facebook Advertising is a revolutionary communication tool that reaches people, so it is vital you start implementing it today.
Facebook is required for communications within the church body and is also an incredibly effective tool to reach outside the walls of the church.
Many church communications staff members have harnessed a plan for using Facebook within the walls of the church, but because of the complexities and ever-changing nature of online advertising, they need help extending their church Facebook reach outside the walls and into the community.
Missional Marketing by Gdirect has extensive experience creating Facebook Advertising for churches of all sizes and denominations. Our Facebook Church Communications Experts run your church’s ads in Facebook feeds so that they are likely to be viewed by un-churched people who live near your church’s campus.
Facebook is an extraordinarily powerful platform, however a certain amount of complexity comes with it’s formidable capabilities. We cut through all the technical settings and handle the ongoing management of the campaigns so you can concentrate on your church’s brand and image. So don’t let the technical elements scare you because we’ll take care of the details.
You can view a few samples of our recent Facebook Church Display Advertising Campaigns here.
FACEBOOK ADVERTISING OUTREACHES FACEBOOK POSTS
When your church posts something to it’s Facebook page, that reaches about 5% of those people who have Liked the page. In contrast Church Facebook Advertising can reach tens of thousands of people in Facebook.
THINGS TO PROMOTE WITH CHURCH FACEBOOK ADVERTISING
- January – New Years
- February – Marriage/Valentines’
- March – Easter
- April – Vacation Bible Camp
- May – Father’s Day
- June – Mother’s Day
- July – 4th of July
- August – New Ministry Season
- September – New Ministry Kickoff
- October – Fall Festival
- November – Thanksgiving
- December – Christmas
- Musical events
- Car shows
- Arts & crafts shows
- Movie events
- Guest speakers
- Marriage events
- Women’s events
- Men’s events
Facebook church advertising is also a very effective way to promote your church’s campus expansions and church plants.
FACEBOOK CHURCH ADVERTISING TARGETING METHODS
Here is a quick description of some of Facebook’s basic targeting features that when properly set up will aim your campaign at the right audience.
- Geo-targeting. You can target specific geographic areas using Facebook, so it allows you to target right down to ZIP Code level.
- Demographics, interests, or behaviors. Facebook campaigns can be aimed at people within specific demographic groups, and can also be aimed at people with specific interests and behaviors. For example, a campaign can be aimed at people who are interested in improving their parenting skills, or a family seeking a sports ministry for their kids.
- People who like specific Facebook pages. Facebook campaigns can even be aimed at people who like specific Facebook pages.
FACEBOOK CHURCH ADVERTISING TYPES
Definition of an objective pertinent to this article: An objective is an action that you want a Facebook viewer to take.
Missional Marketing’s team of experienced Christian Church Communications Professionals are ready, willing, and able to help your church launch and manage Facebook campaigns with the following objectives:
- Promote Your Church’s Facebook Page. Use Facebook’s page “likes” objective to promote your church’s Facebook Page. By growing your Facebook audience, you also amplify your church’s voice in your local area.
- Send People to Your Church’s Website. Use Facebook’s clicks to website objective so you send people to your website.
- Boost Your Churches Posts: Use the Facebook’s page post engagement objective to boost your post, because this will cause your post to be seen by an audience outside of those who have already liked your church’s Facebook page.
- Reach People Near Your Church. Use Facebook’s local awareness objective so you reach people near your church’s location(s).
- Raise Attendance at Your Church’s Event. Use Facebook’s local awareness objective so you reach people who’d have an interest in attending your church’s event.
- Get Your Church’s Videos Viewed. Use the Facebook’s Video views objective to get people to watch your video. This is a powerful way to get your church’s leadership message into your local community.
- Get Installs of Your Church’s App. Use the app installs objective to get people to install your app.
TYPES OF CHURCH ADS IN FACEBOOK
There are three kinds of Facebook Ads that your church can use as part if its growth strategy.
- Single Image Link Ads: Churches can use single image link ads so they can attract more people to their website. These single image link ads are clickable, and the photo, text box and call-to-action button all link to your church’s website.
- Multiple Image Ads. These ads are in a carousel format. The carousel format allows you to show 3-5 images and/or videos, headlines, links, or calls to action in a single ad unit. It’s possible to accomplish a variety of communications objectives using image carousels. Ads in the carousel format consistently drive great results for churches because they can be used to tell a story. For example, many church campaigns that use these see lower cost per conversion or click.
- Video Ads. With massive growth in video viewing on Facebook, churches are spreading their communications messages with Facebook video ads.This could be a leadership message, an invitation, a snippet from a great sermon, or any other video message your church wants to show to it’s neighbors.
CHURCH FACEBOOK ADVERTISING PLACEMENTS
We can accelerate your church’s communications messages with several types of ad placements in church Facebook including, Desktop News Feed, Mobile News Feed, Desktop Right Column, and also Instagram News Feed.
THE CALL-TO-ACTION BUTTON IN FACEBOOK
The following call-to-action buttons can be used in Facebook Ads so churches can choose the action they want people to take when they see an ad. Attractive call-to-action buttons cause your audience to clearly understand what you’d like them to do after seeing your ad. Your audience can choose from the following actions:
- Apply Now
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Donate Now
- Learn More
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch More
SCHEDULING CHURCH ADVERTISING IN FACEBOOK
You can not only schedule Church Facebook Ads for specific hours of the day, but also for specific days of the week.
They can also be set up with standard or accelerated delivery. The preferred option for most church situations is Standard delivery.
Accelerated delivery can be useful for promoting time-sensitive events, and also for quickly reaching a target audience.
WHY USE A CHRISTIAN ADVERTISING AGENCY FOR CHURCH FACEBOOK ADVERTISING?
Here is a list of reasons that a church benefits from using a Christian agency for running Facebook campaigns:
- We pray for our clients. We are working for the Kingdom.
- Refine on the fly: Communications staffers usually don’t have time to tweak campaigns after they are started, so that is where the biggest improvements to church Facebook campaign performance often occurs.
- Get the best images: The performance of church Facebook campaigns is heavily driven by the quality of the images and the number of images in the campaign, but oftentimes communications staffers don’t have the time to choose really strong images.
- Use the best keywords: When writing and editing copy, agencies have the tools and the experience to choose strong keywords.
- Use advanced tools: Agencies are more adept at using advanced targeting tools such as lookalike audiences. We can create a lookalike audience based on people who like your Page, by placing conversion pixels, or by utilizing any of your existing Audiences such as an email list. This helps find new people on Facebook who are similar to your most valuable audiences. For some clients this can double the conversion rate.
- Stay on top of the analytics: Agencies are more attentive to campaign analytics and, also improve campaigns that are running by eliminating ads that aren’t working well and promoting ads that do work.
- Save money: It is common for an agency to improve campaign results so that the church gets more for their money than they would get doing it in house.
- Get timely reports: Agencies have the staff and expertise to produce campaign reports on time.
ADVANCED CHURCH FACEBOOK ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS
Facebook has some exciting advanced features that help improve targeting and also improve the measurement of results. Our experienced Christian Campaign Managers are well versed in using these features in church campaigns, so you can rest assured that your campaign is in good hands.
CONVERSION TRACKING IN CHURCH FACEBOOK ADVERTISING
Conversion measurement lets you track actions people take after viewing your Facebook Ads across multiple devices, including mobile phones, tablets and desktop computers.
By creating a Facebook pixel and adding it to the pages of your website where conversions happen, like the checkout page, you’ll see who converts as a result of your Facebook Ads.
The pixel will continue to monitor the actions people take after clicking on your ad so you can see which device they saw the ad on and also which device they ultimately converted on.
Other benefits of the Facebook conversion pixel:
- Ad optimization: When you use the Facebook pixel in combination with Facebook’s bidding option to ‘Optimize for Website Conversions’, Facebook will automatically show your ads to people who are most likely to convert.
- Measurement: You can measure the number of conversions your ads generate so you can calculate your return on an ad spend. This way you’ll see how much you’re spending for each conversion and can fine-tune your ads accordingly.
LOOKALIKE AUDIENCES IN CHURCH FACEBOOK ADVERTISING
We’ve been helping clients reach a targeted audience by creating Lookalike Audiences. Through these campaigns we can reach new people who are similar to audiences you already care about. We can create a lookalike audience based on people who like your Page, by placing conversion pixels, or by utilizing any of your existing Custom Audiences. This helps you find new people on Facebook who are similar to your most valuable audiences. For some clients this can double the conversion rate.
RETARGETING IN CHURCH FACEBOOK
Retargeting and remarketing are synonyms that describe a technique for showing ads to people who have previously visited your website when they are in Facebook. It is accomplished by placing code on your website so that you track visitors “cookies”.
Generally, a small percentage of people who view your website will convert by filling out a form or taking some other action on their first visit, so this is why remarketing in Facebook is critical. Getting in front of the people who have already viewed your website increases your chance for a conversion because they are gaining familiarity with your brand through repeated exposure.
CHURCH FACEBOOK CAMPAIGNS FOR INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
Church members have become less responsive to church emails because of the proliferation of social media channels.
For that reason it is a good idea to support your church’s important internal messaging with Facebook Advertising that is aimed at people who have liked your church’s Facebook page and also aimed at your church’s email list.
We can upload your church’s email list to your church’s Facebook ad account and create a custom audience, so that we can then create a church Facebook advertising campaign aimed at your current members.